Steve Forman • Forman Consulting
Forman Consulting brings nearly 30 years of experience to the design and implementation of planning and board development processes for non-profit organizations, units of local government, foundations, hospitals, schools, federated bodies, professional service firms, and associations.
Forman’s consulting practice is entirely referral-based. Nearly 750 separate pieces of work have been completed for 200 organizations. 60% of these organizations have rehired Forman for subsequent assignments.
- Consultant assignments have included designing and facilitating meetings/retreats of all kinds, managing merger processes, designing and conducting assessments, interviewing, synthesizing data, preparing narrative reports, preparing multi-day agendas, and directing strategic planning processes.
- Executive responsibilities between 1979 and 1987 include nine years as Executive Director or President of three non-profit agencies – The Municipal League of Seattle and King County, The Epilepsy Association of Western Washington, and Family Services of King County.
- Government work includes a year-long, full-time contract in 1988 as an Executive Assistant to the King County Executive working in the intergovernmental relations area.
- Foundation work includes a five-year contract to design and implement a targeted grant-making project for The Seattle Foundation.
- International work includes twelve trips to fourteen developing countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Central and South America.
Forman holds a masters degree in public administration from the University of Washington.
In September 2010, Steve received the “Distinguished Service Award” from Wellspring Family Services.